Monday, January 14, 2008

Some Links I Mentioned

At our previous workshops, several items were mentioned that I wanted to follow up with you.

To order the Citizenship Toolkit, follow the below link. The first copy is free to public libraries. Additional copies may be ordered for $50.00 each.

http://www.citizenshiptoolkit.gov/

At the Pearl workshop, I referred to the term, "Digital Natives, Digital Immigrants." This is a very interesting article, particularly for people who work with children. Click on the link below and select these two articles, Digital Natives, Digital Immigrants and Do They REALLY Think Differently?

www.marcprensky.com/writing

The link below will provide a downloadable guide geared to teaching seniors how to access on-line health information. It could easily be adapted for Spanish language computer classes.

www.nihseniorhealth.gov/toolkit

Finally, I have a Microsoft document that lists 52 ways to use your library. The 52 ways are in English and Spanish. If you would like a copy, send me an e-mail @ mochild@cmrls.lib.ms.us and I'll forward it to you.

No comments: